Sunday, 19 April 2015

Sigh No More

Hullo, my interesting readers.

Today is usually all about music but I thought I'd do something just a lil different this week. Not only are you getting an epic face full of amazing songs but you are starting a journey of getting to know Emma. Over the next few months, I'll be sharing a lot of things about myself and the things that are important to me. I'll be starting the sharing with the help of Berry's Blog Challenges.

I have been very interested in these weekly challenges for some time but haven't pinned myself down (or had someone else pin me down) to actually participate in one. They are amazing, creative ideas and I'm glad to be finally taking part. You can view the Me, Myself & I Meme details here.

We can't forget about the music, so I am bringing you my personal Top 5 Favorite Albums. I've listened to all these albums far too many times and although they aren't all rock, they feature amazing, talented artists who know how to put a smile on a face or tug at your heart strings.

The number one album on my list comes from Mumford & Sons. Sigh No More was their first album release and I believe, their best. I first saw the song, Little Lion Man, on Australian music program, Rage shortly after its release. I instantly fell in love. Not just with the song but the band. It didn't take long to get the album and start the countless amount of times I have listened to it. To me, their songs take you on a journey, one that I want to take over and over.

The image, while it doesn't match any song in particular, is a glimpse of me at home.

I hope you enjoy this trip into my world.

Emma
-xx-


Me, Myself & I Meme
I am...shy, weird, awkward and constantly working on becoming a better version of me.
I want...to live in a world where everyone wakes up tomorrow and just stops doing bad things.
I have...a terrible memory but can remember song lyrics from 25 years ago.
I wish...I could meet Mumford & Sons.
I hate...people who hurt other people to make themselves feel better and facelights!
I fear...just about everything. *looks sheepish*
I search...for the answers on Google. 
I wonder...what life would be like if money didn't exist.
I regret...not finishing high school.
I never...feel safe.
I always...try to make people smile.
I usually...am too shy to start a conversation.
I dance...while I'm waiting for the jug to boil.
I sing...all the time.
I often...make to do lists but very rarely do anything on them.
I sometimes...flirt more than I should.
I cry...more often than I'll ever admit.
I need...my teddy bear to fall asleep. 
I should...read more books.
I love...my family, with all my heart, for always and forever.

Top 5 Favorite Albums
5. The Presidents of the United States of America - The Presidents of the United States of America
4. Mika -Life in Cartoon Motion
3. Sia -We Are Born
2. Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
1. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More





No comments:

Post a Comment