Saturday, 14 February 2015

Hairdo

Hullo, my loving readers.

Happy Valentines Day! ^^

In honor of Valentines Day, I have put together the Top 20 Rock Songs Perfect for a Mix Tape.  Now, for all you kiddies who have only heard tale of the legend that is a mix tape, this was something we did way back in the day. Long before your fancy ipods and itunes, long before the days of Napster, we would record a variety of songs on a cassette player either from another cassette tape or the radio, onto one cassette tape, that was then referred to as a mix tape. You would make these for the ones you loved.

The mix tape was a wonderful display of affection. Not only were you personally choosing the most loving and amazing songs for that someone special but it took countless hours to do it. Depending on what type of cassette player it was and how many decks it had, would change the length and ease of preparation.  I still remember making a mix tape by having two separate cassette players speaker to speaker or watching my parents recording songs from vinyl.

The Top 20 list may not be your traditional love songs but they all have heart. From the soft and sweet sounds of Little Birdy, to the powerful vocals and hopelessly romantic lyrics of The Darkness. The fun 80s rock sounds of Transvision Vamp to the panty-dropping sounds of The Divinyls. A little funky love from artists Ben Harper and Paolo Nutini. Beautiful rock ballads from Staind, Saving Abel, Halestorm and many more. This list will definitely let the person you're with know that you're on their mind.

The image was inspired by the song from Aussie artists, Little Birdy - Hairdo. I first played this song for Darian on the day we were getting married. It said, perfectly, how I feel about my beautiful girl. I captured this image of us in our bedroom.

Just over two years ago, Darian danced her way into the Trashy Whore Trailer Park, where I was living and she also danced her way into my heart. From the second I snuggled into her lap, I knew she was different. I also knew I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. We have talked almost every day since we met but even when we haven't been able to speak, I know that we're always together in our hearts and minds.

Darian is happy, optimistic, thoughtful, caring, intelligent, funny, quirky, interesting, brave, open minded, beautifully perfect just the way she is and has the biggest heart overflowing with love. We may not always see eye to eye and we may be completely stubborn and unreasonable sometimes but no matter what, she's mine and I am hers. She is totally stuck with me because I put a ring on it. *sings like Beyonce*

We were married, in a private ceremony, on 31 December 2013 just as the New Year was coming in, down under. I am proud to have such an amazing wife. Darian, I love you unconditionally, for always and furever. Your heart will always be safe with me.

I hope the image and playlist tug at your heart strings. =)

Emma
-xx-



20. The Divinyls - I Touch Myself
19. Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love
18. Thirsty Merc - My Completeness
17. Alicia Keys - Lovin' U
16. Saving Abel - I Need You
15. Labrinth feat. Emeli Sande - Beneath Your Beautiful
14. Wayland - Reason to Love
13. Joss Stone - Super Duper Love
12. My Darkest Days - Without You
11. Staind - Tangled Up in You
10. Sixx A.M - You Make Me Smile
9. Shinedown - I'll Follow You Down
8. Halestorm - Here's to Us
7. Ben Harper - Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye Cover)
6. Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
5. Paolo Nutini - Scream (Funk Your Life Up)
4. Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love
3. Uncle Kracker - Another Love Song
2. The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love
1. Little Birdy - Hairdo

No comments:

Post a Comment