Saturday, 24 January 2015

Summer

Hullo, my down under lovers.

Today I have something a lil different for you. January 26, is known as Australia Day, for all us down under. It's a day where we celebrate, something or other, with a heck of a lot of beer drinking and a BBQ! So, in honor of an alcohol-drenched day, here is my Top 20 Aussie Rock Tunes you should listen to.

Some tunes are old, some tunes are new, all tunes will rock your pants off.

The inspiration for the image started when I remembered Australia Day was just around the corner. The song by Sunny Cowgirls - Summer, was the first that came to mind, because of the line 'Our favorite time of year, Christmas cheer, Australia Day is nearly here'. I knew I had to do an image for the film clip. While the song is very country, it's also very Australian. I think it perfectly captures an Aussie summer. Darian and I posed for my version of Sunny Cowgirls - Summer.

I was linked this funny video through the week. I know that Aussie accents are much loved, all around the world but sometimes, we can be a bit hard to understand. This clip will make you laugh!


I hope you enjoy this weeks Australian flavored post. ^^

Emma
-xx-



20. DZ Deathrays - Reflective Skull
19. Sounds Like Sunset - Second Chance
18. Luca Brasi - Waves
17. The Smith Street Band - Surrender
16. The Love Junkies - Black Sheep Blues
15. AC/DC - Back in Black
14. King of the North - Wanted
13. Bad Vision - I Got a Problem
12. The Herd - I was only 19 (Redgum Cover)
11. Hoodo Gurus - Miss Freelove '69
10. Kingswood - Sucker Punch
9. Thirsty Merc - In the Summertime
8. The Cat Empire - Sly
7. Bloods - Into My Arms
6. Bed Wettin' Bad Boys - Any Day Now
5. Go Violets - Josie
4. Missy Higgins - Scar
3. Vance Joy - Winds of Change
2. Ash Grunwald - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley Cover)
1. Sunny Cowgirls - Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment